Robert and Anne Jibson settled in Newaygo County Michigan where Robert and several of his sons were involved in logging off virgin stands of white pine. The logs were carried via a tramway to a small stream that fed into the Muskegon River. After a section was cleared, the stumps were removed and the tract was converted to farmland. An official Robert Jibson log mark was registered in Muskegon County in 1865. The mark (replica shown) identified lumber once it arrived at the mills on Muskegon Lake.